Daddy Otto and Daughter Otto

Daddy Otto and Daughter Otto
Greater Things Are Yet To Come

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 12

It's Saturday night and we have had another great day. Today was a busy day again as Erin and I headed in different directions for ministry. This morning I ran a Bible School at the Nehemiah Boys Ranch in Kitwe. Two Pastors, two women on staff and about six former street boys attended the Bible training. Here in Zambia few of the Pastors have ever received any type of training in the Bible so this was a very special time for them. We spent almost a little over three hours providing an overview of the Old and New Testaments and showed them how each book of the Bible has a theme yet how all of them fit within the overall theme of salvation of mankind. I taught them how to identify the 7 c's of the story of the Bible: Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, Confusion, Christ, Cross and Consummation. If you don't know these you might want to ask me about them when I return:) In the afternoon Erin headed for the Sarah Rose orphanage where she ministered for about five hours to some of the orphan children of Kitwe. She sang, danced, and played with many little children that just needed some extra loving. While she was at the orphanage I had the driver drop me off in downtown Kitwe so I could spend some time being with the people of Zambia and studying at a local cafe for tomorrow's sermon. While I was downtown I was approached by a couple of "missionaries" from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. One was from Botswana and the other from Zimbabwe. It was an interesting discussion that I had with them after they tried recruiting me to the Mormon faith. They asked me who I was and what group I was with. I told them I was a missionary from the US and that I was a Christian. We had a very good conversation and I challenged them to realize that they are really followers of Joseph Smith and not of Jesus. God gave me the words to give them a warning that they were following a crooked path and that Jesus very specifically stated that "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." I encouraged them to realize that they have added to the Bible with the book of Mormon and that God's Word specifically warns against people that bring heresy into the church. They knew by the time that they left that they needed to read only the Bible and follow only Jesus. I felt as if I had given a voice for the scriptures and hopefully pointed them towards the truth. Please pray that the Holy Spirit uses the words I spoke and the scriptures to lead them away from such a deceitful cult. I feel as though we are living under the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit and that God is working mightily. Thank you for continuing to pray for us. Pray for our service tomorrow that God will move in a mighty way and that some might come to know Him.

You are also in our prayers.

Serving Christ and building His Kingdom one life at a time,

Pastor Wayne and Erin

No comments: